So my big plan to blog a lot over the holidays hasn't happened yet (sometimes I have to try not to get downhearted and tell myself that I can still have a blog, it doesn't matter!) and neither have some of the other things, BUT I can say I have ticked off some mighty refreshing and long-time-coming ones, which makes these other ones I've missed -so far - (I still have 2 weeks!) not seem too alarming.
And because I'm happy with what I have achieved, without further ado, here's my list of this past weeks favourites...
1. Finally, I rearranged my bedroom, bought a desk, bought new curtains, and am in the process of telling myself to be more ruthless than my sentimental side usually allows me. Three cheers! I am loving where my room organisation and presentation is for the first time in many years.
2. I went for the chop! Long, awful-condition ends are gone and my hair is at its shortest point since it first grew past this length (makes sense?). A decision that has been consuming me just about every day for the past few months, not to mention on and off for the past 5 or so years. I finally did it and although I'll miss some things about having extra length, this was such a good decision.
3. I've been on 5 movie dates this month, 4 with the boyfriend and one with mumma. Firstly, The Hobbit/Battle of the Five Armies wasn't as good as the first two, but still, it's The Hobbit, and J.R.R. Tolkien's imagination along with the artistry of movie makers is just wonderful. Big Hero 6, The Imitation Game, and Paddington were all quite good. But I saw American Sniper tonight and boy did that leave a big lump in the throat.
4. Grateful to be given the opportunity to get into a career which will help me help other people (to be honest I've been feeling a little lost as to why I'm going into nursing lately, and it was something in American Sniper that reignited the spark). Hopefully this year is a good one. One more year and I'll be an EN. I can do this!
5. I can't think of much to write for a 5th, except that I went and bought some embroidery supplies to give me a bit of a different art goal - now to start the creating process!
What is something that has made you happy about yourself this week?
I have a busy 11 more days to get things done before the homework and learning starts again. Have a nice week!