February 03, 2015

WANDERLIST | Travel Lust


Growing up, the most important thing I knew I wanted to do with my life was to see the world - it was the only thing I was sure of.

Hours upon hours were spent scrolling through other blessed peoples photographs on the internet or looking through magazines and newspapers, reading stories and tips, and lists of places, looking at others' 'bucket lists' - something I like to call a "life list" - then further researching into unknown places, which sometimes led to making it onto mine.

Over the last couple of years, more than likely since I spent 2 weeks in Africa, I've felt somewhat content - like going to Kenya and Uganda gave me the ability to focus on other things I want in life. I'd travelled, I'd seen places I had only imagined since I first discovered them with young eyes.

I've been able to turn my direction on wanting things closer to home, like setting my self up, I'm still nowhere near that but I've begun working my way to a career and I have instead been with the state of mind that owning a home is what I need before I travel, before anything major. So that I have somewhere to come back to that is mine.

Although the wonder never left, my heart isn't bursting with an ache to travel right now, but I have undeniably been feeling it come back over the last short while. It increasingly feels heavy whenever I envision the world or see the journeys taken by others. And I want to do it myself.

In saying this, I want to create a new collection of posts which encompass my life list of travelling or some kind of inspiration surrounding wanderlust, and share those places which I will one day be able to experience for my self and take photographs of which are my own.


I hope you enjoy them and please share in the comments your own stories, images, wanderlists or inspiration for travelling the world!

9 comments :

  1. This is a great idea. I love ogling at places I see others visiting, but focusing on the task at hand helps soothe my wanderlust for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the word wanderlist, it's very cute :) haha
    I understand this, the two conflicting desires, one to travel and capture and see the world, and the other to have security and savings. I think you're doing it right though, finding a balance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it just popped in my head and I figured it worked! A balance, yes, especially by taking some trips down our part of the world in between. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, beautiful photos. I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this! Traveling is one of life's greatest opportunities. I am currently wanderlusting to go to Italy...and I get to go there this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lovely, what a great experience that will be! Have the best time!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of travel posts. And it is lovely that you are feeling more content where you are but I think there is nothing wrong with having the desire to constantly travel. Sometimes there are just people out there who always need to see new things and experience new places - it doesn't necessarily mean that you are avoiding or running away from "normal life" because normal doesn't really exist anyway!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete